Please note that internet safety forms must be signed and returned before your child is allowed on any of the devices.
All classrooms in grades k-5 will receive Chromebooks. District technology forms must be signed and returned before your child will be issued a Chromebook to use in class. Chromebooks will remain in the classroom.
All students have access to one computer lab and computers in the media center.
Every classroom has a touchscreen Promethean Board.
Internet Safety is essential for our children. Here are some tips to help keep your child safe on the internet:
- Keep your computer in a high traffic area that is available to everyone in the house.
- Discuss rules for using the internet with your child and why these rules are in place.
- Go to websites together so that you know what sites your child is visiting (Our school site has some wonderful educational sites).
- Talk with your child about never sharing personal information. Remind your child that they do not always know who is on the site and they should never give out their name, address, birthdate, or phone number to anyone.
Cyberbullying – If your child is a victim of cyberbullying please do the following:
- Explain to your child to NEVER respond to texts or emails that are bullying in nature.
- Contact your internet service provider to ask them to remove any webpage that is meant to hurt your child.
- Block the sender of any emails.
- Print, copy, or make a screenshot of all evidence of cyberbullying. Please note the day and time that it was received.
View the following site for more tips: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/privacy-and-internet-safety